Vernalis Therapeutics, Inc. operates from our headquarters in Berwyn, PA.
If you are interested in joining our Field Sales Team, selling our range of pharmaceutical products, either as a Pharmaceutical Sales Specialist or a Regional Sales Director, please click here to explore current openings and apply. For all other opportunities please see below.
We operate an equal opportunities employment policy. We welcome applications from suitably qualified candidates for the following position(s):
Vernalis Therapeutics - Berwyn, PA
Vernalis Therapeutics, Inc. (VTI) is looking to appoint an Executive Assistant who will partner with business leaders and their teams to understand Business strategy, products, processes, and systems to support the day-to-day operations of assigned department.
- Gain an understanding of key business initiatives and anticipate the future needs of assigned team. Based on independent knowledge and understanding, draft agendas, presentations, and meeting materials as requested
- Collaborate with other Business Services Associates and functional areas (Travel, Finance, IT, Contract Administration etc.) to identify opportunities to streamline workflows, to prioritize key business activities and develop solutions
- Develop and maintain strong, credible relationships across business units and deliver business results
- Respond to changing situations and encourage and help others to do the same
- Manage conflicting priorities and be comfortable in a fast-paced environment
- Independently resolve moderately complex problems, and issues under general supervision using appropriate judgement, discretion and knowledge
- Manage all operational detail and issues independently take ownership for completion
- Assist in complex project coordination and support departmental initiatives
- Manage complicated business calendars in Outlook
- Maintain confidential records and files
- Prepare agendas, presentations, handouts and other written materials for distribution at meetings
- Manage meetings with internal and external customers (scheduling meeting invites, prepare agendas and collect and distribute materials for meetings, assist in writing meeting minutes, etc.)
- Manage complex travel schedules both domestic and international. Complete expense reports
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience working in a fast paced, Corporate environment
- Experience working in the pharmaceutical industry
- Proactive and solution minded. Able to make independent and high-quality decisions
- Strong business acumen (know all aspects of the company and business including the various programs personnel to ensure efficient operations)
- Must be creative and innovative
- Tech savvy, computer skills
- Strong Microsoft office skills a must
- Hardworking and dedicated; hands on
- Demonstrates professional judgement
- Strong decision-making ability based on company policy; able to work with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated skills and competencies in assessment, problem solving and practices/policies administration
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities
- Excellent project management experience a must
- Excellent interdepartmental skills to manage interaction with all levels of internal staff and outside contacts
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Flexible schedule and ability to work late hours if needed due to project demands
- A high level of proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite, especially PowerPoint expertise
- Highly organized
- Proactive and Strategic thinker
We are also seeking the following traits:
- Curious: must be able to get to know the company and the employees
- Creative: innovative and proactive, need to anticipate employee needs and be prepared for every challenge
- Competent: must be effective and efficient and manage a vast array of corporate departments and services
- Courteous; kind, understanding, even-tempered and of course diplomatic
- Confident; ability to make decisions and priorities. Will have to demonstrate an intimate understanding of the company and services and gain the trust of the employee
- Charismatic: ability to inspire the new employee and make them believe that whatever their need or problem is, they can handle it.
** Please submit application by 15th August 2017 to HRVTI@vernalis.com **
Reporting to the President & COO, this position will work to design and develop programs, policies and practices to ensure the organization adheres to legal standards and internal requirements. The job holder will be responsible for enforcing regulations in all aspects and levels of business as well as providing guidance on compliance matters related to legal and general commercial issues.
- Analyze, negotiate and draft a variety of commercial contracts, licenses, acquisitions, joint ventures, sales of assets, etc.
- Develop internal controls and policies designed to ensure that all compliance needs are met.
- Collaborate with corporate counsel and HR department to monitor enforcement of standards and regulations.
- Assess product, compliance, or operational risks and develop risk management strategies.
- Review the work of colleagues when necessary to identify compliance issues and provide advice or training.
- Keep informed regarding pending industry changes, trends, and best practices and assess the potential impact of these changes on organizational processes.
- Prepare reports for senior management and external regulatory bodies as appropriate.
- Conduct or direct the internal investigation of compliance issues.
- Identify compliance issues that require follow-up or investigation.
- Disseminate written policies and procedures related to compliance activities.
- File appropriate compliance reports with regulatory agencies.
- Serve as a confidential point of contact for employees to communicate with management, seek clarification on issues or dilemmas, or report irregularities.
- Maintain documentation of compliance activities, such as complaints received or investigation outcomes.
- Discuss emerging compliance issues with management or employees.
- Advise internal management or business partners on the implementation or operation of compliance programs.
- Provide employee training on compliance related topics, policies, or procedures.
- Provide assistance to internal or external auditors in compliance reviews.
- Prepare management reports regarding compliance operations and progress.
- Design or implement improvements in communication, monitoring, or enforcement of compliance standards.
- Direct the development or implementation of compliance-related policies and procedures throughout an organization.
- Review or modify policies or operating guidelines to comply with changes to industry standards or regulations.
- Bachelor degree in law, finance, business administration or related field
- 5+ 3 years’ experience in quality control or corporate policy auditing
- Proven experience as compliance manager
- In-depth knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry’s standards and regulations
- Certified compliance professional is a plus
- Excellent knowledge of reporting procedures and record keeping
- A business acumen partnered with a dedication to legality
- Methodical and diligent with outstanding planning abilities
- An analytical mind able to recognize the complexities of procedures and regulations
- Advanced computer database and Microsoft Office software skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Understands and operates to the highest ethical and confidentiality standards
- Ability to travel to support business/project requirements.
Please submit CVs no later than November 20, 2017 to HRVTI@vernalis.com
Vernalis Therapeutics, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
If no vacancies are listed at this time, please check back regularly if you are interested in working with Vernalis.