Vernalis Therapeutics, Inc. operates from our headquarters in Berwyn, PA.
If you are interested in joining our Field Sales Team, selling our range of pharmaceutical products, either as a Pharmaceutical Sales Specialist or a Regional Sales Director, please click here to explore current openings and apply. For all other opportunities please see below.
We operate an equal opportunities employment policy. We welcome applications from suitably qualified candidates for the following position(s):
HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER
Vernalis Therapeutics - Berwyn, PA
Vernalis Therapeutics, Inc. (VTI) is looking to appoint a Human Resource Manager who will assist with the growing remote sales staff at the company. Based in Berwyn, Pennsylvania and reporting into Human Resources Management, the successful candidate will be responsible for helping to manage the following:
Core capabilities include:
- Ability to work fast and under pressure
- Good understanding of employment laws across the USA
- Sound judgement
- Strong coaching skills
- Able to quickly build trusted relationships
- Able to travel
- Partner with Sales to ensure that Regional Sales Directors (RSDs) and Pharmaceutical Sales Specialists (PSSs) are performing at an optimal level to ensure business success
- A point of contacts for RSDs to resolve any field-based HR issues
- A point of contact for PSSs on any employment issues
- Help manage the recruitment process for RSDs and PSSs working with identified recruitment partners
- Help work to ensure that all HR policies and processes are optimal in support of the salesl force
- Work with Sales Trainers to identify and potentially deliver required development interventions
- Partner with Sales Operations as needed to ensure sales performance is optimized
- 3-5 years' experience in Life Sciences environment required, Bachelor's Degree required, track record of working with remote staff, knowledge of recruitment, benefits, state/federal regulations, and new employee training, SHRM, PHR, and/or SPHR certification(s) preferred
- Excellent communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, tactful, approachable, hands on approach as well as sense of urgency
- Strong computer skills including proficiency working with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
** Please submit application by December 22, 2017 to HRVTI@vernalis.com **
Reporting to the President & COO, this position will work to design and develop programs, policies and practices to ensure the organization adheres to legal standards and internal requirements. The job holder will be responsible for enforcing regulations in all aspects and levels of business as well as providing guidance on compliance matters related to legal and general commercial issues.
- Analyze, negotiate and draft a variety of commercial contracts, licenses, acquisitions, joint ventures, sales of assets, etc.
- Develop internal controls and policies designed to ensure that all compliance needs are met.
- Collaborate with corporate counsel and HR department to monitor enforcement of standards and regulations.
- Assess product, compliance, or operational risks and develop risk management strategies.
- Review the work of colleagues when necessary to identify compliance issues and provide advice or training.
- Keep informed regarding pending industry changes, trends, and best practices and assess the potential impact of these changes on organizational processes.
- Prepare reports for senior management and external regulatory bodies as appropriate.
- Conduct or direct the internal investigation of compliance issues.
- Identify compliance issues that require follow-up or investigation.
- Disseminate written policies and procedures related to compliance activities.
- File appropriate compliance reports with regulatory agencies.
- Serve as a confidential point of contact for employees to communicate with management, seek clarification on issues or dilemmas, or report irregularities.
- Maintain documentation of compliance activities, such as complaints received or investigation outcomes.
- Discuss emerging compliance issues with management or employees.
- Advise internal management or business partners on the implementation or operation of compliance programs.
- Provide employee training on compliance related topics, policies, or procedures.
- Provide assistance to internal or external auditors in compliance reviews.
- Prepare management reports regarding compliance operations and progress.
- Design or implement improvements in communication, monitoring, or enforcement of compliance standards.
- Direct the development or implementation of compliance-related policies and procedures throughout an organization.
- Review or modify policies or operating guidelines to comply with changes to industry standards or regulations.
- Bachelor degree in law, finance, business administration or related field
- 5+ 3 years’ experience in quality control or corporate policy auditing
- Proven experience as compliance manager
- In-depth knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry’s standards and regulations
- Certified compliance professional is a plus
- Excellent knowledge of reporting procedures and record keeping
- A business acumen partnered with a dedication to legality
- Methodical and diligent with outstanding planning abilities
- An analytical mind able to recognize the complexities of procedures and regulations
- Advanced computer database and Microsoft Office software skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Understands and operates to the highest ethical and confidentiality standards
- Ability to travel to support business/project requirements.
Please submit CVs no later than November 20, 2017 to HRVTI@vernalis.com
Vernalis Therapeutics, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
If no vacancies are listed at this time, please check back regularly if you are interested in working with Vernalis.